An examination on the public interest issues behind trade and investment agreements and their investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) mechanism. Specifically, the Case of Philippine-Belgium-Luxembourg Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) and the Baggerwerken Decloedt En Zoon NV (DEME Group).
- Find out what the reason was behind the dredging project, and why the former president decided to pull back
- Map the general opinion of local communities and conclude if their is broad public support for the Laguna Lake project
- Research how much the Philippine government is willing to spend to defend its case before ICSID.
- Number of students: 2 students
- Period on-site: 2 weeks (inter-semestral break)